Monday, July 1, 2013

"Buckle Up"

Each morning when I wake up I thank God for all that I have.  I include clean sheets, comfy pillows, air conditioning, and just about whatever crosses my mind I am especially grateful for.  I normally wake up in gratitude every morning feeling joyful.  I am not in pain.  I am not sad. I am glad that life has given me all that I have and all that I am.  This is pretty much every day except there was this one day however a couple of weeks ago.

 I felt angry before my feet touched the floor!  It was an especially difficult night for me not sleeping.  This morning I felt bitter and anxious.  I was not connected to my God source at all.  There was craziness in the air!  It was one of those mornings with surprises in our banking, surprises with the home owners insurance coverage and with the mortgage company.  I knew there was just bad energy coming at me.

Charlie needed to make a trip to the bank.  As he was leaving I wanted to remind him to drive safely saying, "Do not break any rules and drive carefully!" This meant don't speed, don't cross double yellow lines, do not take any risks because you won't get away with much!   Like a teenager with a bad attitude he turned to me and said "I won't!"

He returned home from the bank with things having calmed down quite a bit.  I was feeling more calm and everything seemed fine.  About twenty minutes passed when there was a knock at our door.  It was more like a knock that screamed "...ON THE COUNT OF THREE I'm coming in!"  It scared me so badly I jumped behind a tall book case to take cover.  Charlie went to the door.  I could hear a lower deep voice of another male.  Charlie stepped around the corner and said "Come talk to this man."  I thought it was a salesman or someone delivering phone books. "Tell him about Sunrider" Charlie said.

I was still shaking in my flip-flops walking to the door where my eyes fell upon a giant man.  He was at least 6'4, a policeman with the title of "Chief of Police" written with his name on his shirt.  Fortunately I had my wits about me enough to invite him inside the house. He didn't speak a word.  He seemed possibly like the cat had gotten his tongue.  He was not chatty making things more awkward.  I launched into a speech about how Sunrider is a company out of California where we buy vegan foods made from Chinese herbs that are live food cultures.  I go on and on without him saying a word.  Abruptly I stopped talking. He was just staring straight into my eyes with no facial expression.  I said "You didn't come here to learn about Sunrider."  He said "No."

I didn't know why he was in my home! His uniform said "Leonville Police Department".  He wasn't even from around here.  Then it happened!  I said there is a man here in spirit who is deceased about 5'10"standing in front of you.  He is telling me his name is T- O-....I was in the process of spelling the name when he blurted out "Tom!"  I said "I was going to go with Tony, but ok."  Then I was hit with a shortness of breath as I felt I had the wind knocked out of me.  I said "He can't get a breath and that is how he passed." The policeman said "He died of a lung aneurism."  The policeman was his son Joe and Tom was his Dad.

  The message from the deceased was acknowledging the girl while sending his love.  Joe had one child, a daughter.  His Dad Tom, wanted him to know how proud he was of his son, and came through to wish him a "Happy Father's Day!" Joe said his Dad died 17 years ago.

Holding back tears that were now flowing down Joe's face he said, "Your husband got a ticket for no seatbelt and drove off without it." Joe explained that when taking Charlie's drivers license he could not believe the date of birth. That is when Charlie said the reason he doesn't look 70 and is in perfect health was because of Sunrider foods.  Joe went on to say "I forgot to give Mr. Charlie the ticket and then decided to drive here to give it to him."  I said "OK." "Thank you I guess."  He said "Have a nice day."

  I turned to Charlie and said "I told you there was craziness in the air!"

No comments:

Post a Comment