Wednesday, September 17, 2014

"People Get Ready…."

 There are many reasons people call me wanting to book a reading.  I have no idea who they are or why they are coming.  I do a lot of relationship readings stepping into peoples energy and telling them how things feel to me.  I received the following text message from a recent client.

    "I am freaking out.  When I came to see you, you told me there would be a Spanish speaking man from Texas and I thought there is no way…I met the most gorgeous sexy man from Texas this weekend who is Spanish.  I was so attracted I couldn't believe it.  I didn't remember what you had told me until a few minutes ago and I am stunned…"

I can sit and write numerous stories of women I have worked with first seeing them crying with broken hearts to seeing them walk down the aisle.  I see beautiful pictures of babies on Facebook knowing that I told many of these mothers the male or female baby was on the way before the mother got pregnant.  I do a lot of this work and I can be proud of the love and hope people feel when they leave after having a reading with me.  However this is not the type of work I enjoy the most.

The work that makes me the happiest is when I hear from loved ones who have gone on to be with God.  It is the simple things that make me the happiest where I feel I have provided the most healing.  A young man in spirit recently showed me pizza pockets.  I said to his deeply grieving Mother, "Is there a reason I would be seeing pizza pockets?"  She said "He loved pizza pockets!"  Receiving validation from your loved ones can be funny and so comforting.  I want to make it clear however that I tell the truth.  I do not tell people what I think they need to hear to make them feel better.

Another  woman came to see me recently over a man who had made a sudden unexpected exit.  She was in love with him.  He said to me "It would have never worked."  I wrote down what I heard and with deep regret told her what I heard.  Her facial expression changed somewhat going blank, and she said "The last thing he sent me was a nasty message from where we had been fighting."  I of course did not know that.  All I knew was that her heart was broken over a lost love who died.

There is a song in my head as I bring this to a close by Curtis Mayfield and the Impressions "People get ready there is a train thats coming, you don't need no baggage you just get on board."  That is how death can be, very sudden and unexpected.  Let your words and actions in each minute of everyday be such that you have few regrets.

No comments:

Post a Comment