Thursday, January 4, 2018

His Love For The Ocean

One of the side affects of my gifts is that I am bombarded with messages. It’s not exactly a light switch I can turn off. I can’t control when someone speaks to me and I certainly can’t control if I hear it or not. Coming into contact with energy can mean hours or days or weeks of someone breaking through. It gets confusing trying to deal with so much information and emotion. I have the ability to focus on one specific energy that will lower the volume of others but I don’t control whom that energy is from. 

The Hollywood version of this story would be so simple. I’d help the spirit address their issues and there would be a brilliant white light and they would move on. Let me tell you now, this is not how it works in my experience. Most just want to send love. They want to touch on the life they once knew and go about their business. Some want to send frustration or apologies. They want to address their shortcomings in life but then they go about their business.  Every once in a while, I run into an energy that knocks me on my ass.

This happened to me with Chris. In life, Chris worked on the water and was in love with the ocean. I met Chris when I was walking on a dock in a local marina. I put my hand on an old piece of rope that was decoratively wrapped around a handrail and boom, there he was. I later asked the workers at the marina about the rope but of course they all looked at me like I was being difficult or just crazy. Chris followed me around for weeks. He would show me boats docking, waves, gulls, fish, and storms. A channel marker bobbing in the water became like an earworm song that just wouldn’t get out of my head.

I came to see Chris as two people. He is that strapping young fisherman hoisting nets full of churning fish with a smile on his tan handsome face. He is also the old withered man in a rocking chair watching the boats pull out in the morning and waiting for the captains to tally their catch in the evening. He is the watchful eye when a boat failed to pull in on time and always handy with a story to entertain some passerby. 

I found myself wanting to walk the beach more. I would drive down to the marina and watch as boats pulled in and out. I would ask fishermen about their catch and found that I was actually interested in what they caught and where they caught it. The smell of the marina wasn’t bad but had now become something that reminded me of home. Everything around the water was so peaceful and romantic.

I knew how much his energy had impacted me when I found myself ordering a piece of fish one night at a restaurant. I have a serious issue with iodine sensitivity and usually don’t dare risk it. It hit me that what I was doing was so out of character for me. The thought that his energy was actually impacting my conscious decisions startled me. Chris isn’t a bad energy and has no ill intentions. His love of the sea and its bounty are just too infectious. 
I knew I needed to separate myself from Chris even though he had become such a calming spirit in my life. So if I can’t control who steps forward, how do I separate myself from an energy like Chris? It took me a long time in my life to understand this but I have spirit guides that watch over me. I can call upon my guides to help transition away from an energy. This is so helpful when someone in spirit clings to me. I feel the gentle hands of my spirit guides carry them back to their place in the universe. This isn’t a negative experience for anyone. I don’t shun these spirits that attach themselves to me. They don’t hold resentment for the detachment from me. We simply part ways and continue to be who we are. 

I closed my eyes and thanked Chris for his energy. I thanked him for allowing me to feel the freedom and independence he so treasures about the sea. I thanked him for the images he showed me that allowed me to connect to his life. I shared a warm feeling of love and appreciation with him one last time and said my goodbye. I called upon my spirit guides and felt his warm light carried away. I may not feel his energy with me anymore but I will always carry a place in my heart for him and his love of the sea. 


This is exactly how I interact with your family members when you allow for me to read for you. I feel their personality. I sense their body shape. I feel their love or their passion. 

No comments:

Post a Comment