Sunday, January 4, 2015

The Dead Man's Message Was "Thank people for all of their prayers."

      Recently during a reading the client's deceased brother came through.  I don't know what he passed from but I know he went through a lot.  I know he was in a wheel chair because he showed me the wheels.  There was terrible neck and head pain as I felt the pressure behind my eyes with my head killing me so I spoke of trauma to the head.  The client confirmed he had brain surgery.  This reading taught me something BIG.  I come close to being emotional sharing this with you. He was asking her to "thank people for all of the prayers."  She said "Yes there we're a lot of people praying for him." He was communicating to me that the prayers meant something.

      He died, so obviously he wasn't healed, but the prayers counted for something he was saying.  He made me feel that the prayers were a big help and in his passing he learned this after he got to the other side.  The prayers were like poker chips.  They stacked up and added up to something.  The prayers from others are like a currency of some sort for us.  They hold value and you benefit from prayer especially when you get to the other side.  It was a new concept for me.

     You guys may see how uninformed I actually am to see that this is a news release for me! Growing up in the church I thought I knew all about prayer and the power of prayer.  I didn't!  The fact is no one ever said to me, "When you die and get into the kingdom of heaven all of the prayers will mean more to you there than they did here on earth."  I was taught when you die that is it!  You can quit praying and give it all up because your done.  NOW I know that is not true!

     We use the word "praying" frequently on Facebook and in conversation. We tell people we are praying for them but are we really?  I know we aren't always following through with the commitment  we promised to someone that we will stop and talk to God asking for healing for them or their loved one, or peace, or joy, or safe keeping for others.

     Another thing about when we pray out loud in my opinion is to remember we are not speaking the words for others in the room. The prayer is not to make you look good. We are picking up the phone to God and placing a request or sending gratitude, but please remember you are not speaking out loud to accommodate the people who are hearing you pray.

      I recently heard a man open a conference call with prayer, he stumbled with his words a little during the opening prayer, and then said "I know I didn't do so good with the opening."  How ridiculous is it to apologize to people in the room for stuttering or stumbling over your words when you speak to God.  It makes me very sad to know that the love connection and the respect from the heart is not present because we are concerned how well our words flow and what people are thinking of us when they hear us pray.

     STOP and PRAY because according to your deceased loved ones it helps stuttering and all.

1 comment: